The Bookmark Awards
, founded in 2008, is an initiative by the DMMA to recognise and reward the most impactful contributors to South Africa’s digital landscape. This year, the DMMA will be sponsoring the 'Greatest company contribution to digital' award, which serves to acknowledge the organisation that played a defining role in terms of its benefaction towards the digital industry and community, as a whole.
In an effort to incentivise entry into this category and due to the fact that only applications by DMMA members may be submitted, the DMMA is now offering a free one-year, non-voting membership into the association. These new members will thereby be encouraged to further engage with the community and offer their insight and input on matters concerning the industry. The DMMA will be monitoring all members, which assist in implementing and actioning its objectives. At the Bookmarks
ceremony in November, the company that contributed significantly will receive the 'Greatest company contribution to digital' accolade.
Companies and individuals interested in getting involved and assisting the DMMA in meeting its objectives are encouraged to join the DMMA Facebook
communities to stay informed of association activities. Should the company or individual wish to be contacted directly by the DMMA in regards to particular objective’s that they would like to offer their expertise, they are requested to leave a private message on the Facebook
page with their contact details and areas of interest in either of the DMMA portfolios which include measurement, research, education and transformation
, agencies or publishers.
Full voting DMMA membership benefits include:
• Endorsement: the credibility that comes with being an association member, a press office on the DMMA website and DMMA member badges for application on your own website.
• Measurement: discounted access for publishers and free access to agencies on Effective Measure system, a crucial tool for publishers who wish to monetise their online audience.
• Information: DMMA updates as well monthly Effective Measure reports and quarterly SA ad spend reports from AIS/Nielsen sent via the DMMA monthly newsletter to members.
• Education via annual DMMA workshops and events, as well as exclusive reports from the bi-annual DMMA research study. Members are also invited to attend quarterly DMMA meetings.
• Discounts at select industry events and exhibitions as well as discounted entry fees for industry awards.
• Recognition and reward at the annual Bookmarks Awards
and for creative agencies, the Creative Circle Quarterly Digital Awards
• Networking with other DMMA members at quarterly meetings, workshops and other DMMA events.
• Exposure to the industry at large, through DMMA PR and marketing in online and offline press. Members’ press releases are also included on the DMMA site.