Presented by Tony Cox, International Guitar Night South Africa (IGN) Summer Series focus is on acoustic guitarists who not only play the guitar, purely instrumentally, but use their skills to provide a scintillating and multi-textured accompaniment to their voices.
Guest artist is Canadian Joel Fafard who is a perfect example of this art and brings his evocative, hilarious show to the Cape for IGN’s summer series. Local acoustic guitarist, Tony Cox has toured extensively with Fafard in Canada and says; "Joel is one of the true gents of this world, ridiculously talented, a great player, great singer, humble and so very down-to-earth… he gets all this across in his shows with the greatest of ease."
On the bill is another Canadian, Natasha Meister, who is making a name for herself in South Africa and is IGN’s first female guitarist. Acoustic guitar guru Tony Cox IGN’s creator will also perform.
International Guitar Night is a series of performances held every summer and winter to bring to our South African doorstep the world’s greatest and most accomplished acoustic guitar players of the world today. IGN’s main focus is on those players who use their right-hand fingers to individually pluck the strings creating bass, rhythm, melody and percussive lines all at the same time, like a mini-orchestra coaxed out by the fingers of the right hand.
Ticket prices range from R100 to R165 and can be booked through www.webtickets.co.za
. Available tickets can also be bought at the venue on the evening.
Dates, Venues and Contact numbers:
- Tuesday, 11 December in Durbanville at Die Boer at 20:00. Phone 021 979 1911 for more information.
- Wednesday, 12 December in Stellenbosch at Dorp St. Teater at 20:00. Phone 021 889 9158 for more information.
- Friday, 14 December in George at the George Museum at 20:00. Phone 072 762 6003 for more information.
- Saturday, 15 December in Knysna at Pezula at 20:00. Phone 083 629 2969 for more information. Meister is not available to perform at this concert.
- Sunday, 16 December in Hermanus at the Overstrand Municipal Auditorium at 19:00 – Info 079 528 8131
IGN is grateful for the generous sponsorship received from their principal sponsor, Global Migration SA together with Fine Music Radio
and Paul Bothner.