General Manager for South Africa, Nic Robertson, says, "Food Lover’s Market is the first national retailer to come on board to deliver meal kits on demand. Our aim has always been to innovate and evolve the food delivery industry, and this partnership has enabled us to do just that."
Robertson adds, "With both Food Lover’s Market and UberEATS being committed to providing consumers with convenience, quality, and variety, the synergies between the two brands made our decision to partner a natural one."
Brian Coppin, CEO of Food Lover’s Market, says, "This was really a no-brainer for us. Our 'Love Movement' marketing campaign was designed to get South Africans back into the kitchen and cooking delicious food for their loved ones – despite the fast pace of everyday life. Partnering with UberEATS affords us the opportunity of offering our customers the convenience of ordering their meal kits on the go, without going into a store when they are time deficient. The same delicious Food Lover's Market ingredients, but delivered to your door."
The partnership aims to redefine the future of food delivery and cooking, which also aims to enable anyone to become a pro chef at the tap of a button.
Food Lover’s Market meal kits start at R150, with recipes ranging from topside roast to spaghetti Bolognese. To order, follow the instructions below:
- Participants can download the UberEATS app from the iTunes or Android app store;
- Participants can then login with their same Uber account credentials, or set up an account;
- Participants can then select the dish (or dishes) to be made;
- They can then press 'place order' and wait for the meal kit to be prepared, or track the status of the order on the app;
- An Uber delivery partner will deliver the order to the participant's door; and
- The receipt will be sent to the participant's email address associated with their Uber account.
For more information, visit www.ubereats.com. Alternatively, connect with them on Facebook, Twitter or on Instagram.