The agency’s team aimed to create an entertaining and informative programme to support President Ramaphosa’s visit to address delegates — with less than 24 hours’ notice.
"FCB Joburg couldn’t be prouder to represent South Africa on the national team of advertising," says FCB Joburg's integrated executive business director Annicia Manyaapelo. "I couldn’t be prouder of the team that created this year’s Africa's Travel Indaba."
"It was amazing to witness their dedication and professionalism over the many months it took us to pull Africa’s Travel Indaba together; it was inspiring to see them respond so positively to President Ramaphosa’s visit. Congratulations to each and every person — from the agency to its many, many suppliers — on another world-class event," she adds.
During Africa’s Travel Indaba 2019, the activities SA Tourism and FCB Joburg were responsible for included:
- The theme for Africa’s Travel Indaba 2019
- All PR, social and digital communication for the event
- A series of activations at OR Tambo International and King Shaka International airports
- The Hidden Gems Social Media Training session for SMMEs in the tourism industry
- The various business conversation sessions addressing key trends in the tourism industry
- The trade floor opening event and welcome networking function
- Various welcome activations
- A mural depicting KwaZulu-Natal as a tourist attraction and its unveiling ceremony
- Speed marketing sessions and networking cocktails
- Exhibition Stand Awards, including the Green Stand Awards
- Lap of Luxury stand design and build
- Welcome stand design and build
- Branding and collateral design for the event, including all photography and videography
- Activating Florida Road for all delegates in the evenings
- Lunchtime activations that consisted of various segments of entertainment throughout the ICC, DEC and surrounding areas
- Travel Week launch
For more information, visit www.fcb.co.za
. You can also follow FCB Joburg on Facebook
or on Twitter