The top five most-watched videos in South Africa (excluding major music labels) were all entertainment videos. Topping the list was local artist Bhizer with 2017’s hit Gobisiqolo
Next was South African artist Prince Kaybee with Charlotte (Ft Lady Zamar)
. Sun-EL Musician's Akanamali Feat. Samthing Soweto
was the third most watched video by South Africans in 2017.
The top trending videos for 2017 are based on views, shares, comments, likes, and more. YouTube Rewind brings together music, trends, memes, and characters from 2017 featuring the top YouTube stars and mainstream personalities.
YouTube Rewind: The Shape of 2017 | #YouTubeRewind
The top 10 videos watched in South Africa in 2017, excluding major music labels, are:
- Bhizer (ft Busiswa, SC Gorna, Bhepepe) – Gobisiqolo;
- Kaybee (ft Lady Zamar) – Charlotte (Official Video);
- Sun-EL Musician – Akanamali Feat. Samthing Soweto;
- Ramscomics – Noko Mashaba – Student Problems #CAClasses;
- Sipho Ngwenya feat Thinah Zungu – Jesu fik'ekuseni;
- Danger Flex SA – New Durban bhenga Dance 2017 (Basky Bhenga dance) They killed it!;
- South African Videos – Uzalo Mamlambo in real life;
- Mark Angel Comedy – Maths Teacher (Episode 118);
- Crime Intelligence and Community Awareness – Porsche driver outwits armed hijackers in Johannesburg; and
- Eyewitness News – Simphiwe Ngema remembers late husband Dumisani Masilela.
The top 10 music videos watched by South Africans are:
- Ed Sheeran – Shape of You (Official Video);
- DJ Khaled – I'm the One ft. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, Lil Wayne;
- DJ Khaled – Wild Thoughts ft. Rihanna, Bryson Tiller;
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay – Something Just Like This (Lyric);
- Luis Fonsi – Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee;
- Bruno Mars – That’s What I Like [Official Video];
- Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do;
- Kendrick Lamar – HUMBLE;
- French Montana – Unforgettable ft. Swae Lee; and
- Jason Derulo – Swalla (feat. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign) (Official Music Video).
Since 2012, YouTube Rewind has been viewed over 750 million times (202 million views from 2016, 128 million views from 2015, 120 million views from 2014, 123 million views from 2013, and 185 million views from 2012). YouTube Rewind 2017 features 290 YouTube creators, representing nearly 20 countries as well as viral stars, top musicians, and celebrities.
YouTube Rewind 2017 included 20 days of principle production around the world, from London to Tokyo to New York to Los Angeles to Rio.
For more information, visit www.youtube.com