The Creative Circle aims to represent advertising and design agencies. Only Creative Circle members are eligible to enter the awards. All monthly winners are shortlisted for the annual Awards
that will take place in March 2019.
Jury president duties were shared by executive creative director and co-founder of Promise Marc Watson and consulting executive creative director for Black River FC Bridget Johnson.
Johnson, who had judged previous awards, says what she loved about the session was the 'robust debate and clear beautifully socially conscious views' of the judges in the room.
"As a judges collective, there was a lot of passion for cause related work that was sensitive to society as whole, which I found interesting," she says.
"What I love especially about the younger creatives is how passionate they are, with a purpose and very generous with their thoughts, feelings and feedback of all the work entered," she adds.
The other 10 members of the jury constituted a mix of senior and junior creatives from Creative Circle member agencies, aiming to alllow the judging process to act as a training ground for up-and-coming South African creatives to learn how to evaluate work. The panel included:
- Seth Beukes, art director, Bain & Kunkell
- Lerato Moagi, designer, JWT Johannesburg
- Khanyi Mpumlwana, copywriter, FCB Johannesburg
- Ntando Msibi, creative group head, The Odd Number
- Hosana Mthembi, senior designer, Ogilvy Johannesburg
- Chiedza Quinchette, senior copywriter, Avatar
- Sunshine Shibambo, managing creative director, Cheri Yase Kasi
- Ntokozo Tshabalala, group head, TBWA Johannesburg
- Donovan White, lead digital strategist, VML South Africa
- Sunet Willsemse, creative director, Publicis Machine Johannesburg
Categories judged were Communication Design
, Integrated Campaign
, Digital & Interactive Communication
, Live Communication
, Radio & Audio
, Print Communications
, Out of Home
and PR & Media Communication
. Not all categories placed winners.
All the Monthly Award
winners for May are listed in the table below. All winning work can be viewed on www.creativecircle.co.za.
The Creative Circle Interim Rankings
for 2018 and the 2017 rankings can be found here
Entries for work flighted from June to August 2018 will be open between Monday, 3 September and Monday, 10 September, with judging taking place on Thursday, 27 September at the new offices of Havas Johannesburg in Rosebank.
For more information, visit www.creativecircle.co.za
. You can also follow Creative Circle on Twitter