The AMARA Awards
recognises outstanding service and achievement in the South African recruitment industry, across both the public and private sectors, where individuals, agencies and print advertising creativity are celebrated.
The awards were MC’d by comedian Loyiso Madinga, with DJ Goldbear providing the after-party entertainment.
Reardon Sanderson, general manager of group sales and marketing at Tiso Blackstar, says, "The costs of replacing and appointing new talent can have significant bottom-line implications for businesses, which makes it imperative for HR to bring the most suitable hires onboard from the get-go."
"An effective print recruitment ad is the first step in a successful process. This is why we feel the need to honour those individuals and agencies that show a deep understanding of the employment sector, and how to match the right individuals to the right job," adds Sanderson.
The 2018 AMARA
judging panel – comprising Nikki Munsie, Ross Mengel, Ian Mann, Dr Kgomotso Kasonkola and Monalisa Zwambila – shortlisted the finalists for the Best Creative Recruitment
adverts in the private, public and education sectors.
"We felt we did a good job with the ads that were selected," says Ian Mann, who says an ad should aim to attract the right quality candidates, and not focus necessarily on the number of applicants for a position.
Voting for the category winners was opened up online for input from the public and other industry professionals.
winners, and their categories, for 2018 can be viewed below.Best Recruitment Advertising Agency
Best Newsprint Creative: Private Sector
- Winner – Ultimate Recruitment Solutions
- First runner-up – Gear Advertising
- Second runner-up – Basadzi Personnel
Best Newsprint Creative: Public Sector
- Winner – Human Communications for Pannar Seed
- First runner-up – Gear Advertising for Academic Partners
- Second runner-up – Gear Advertising for AC Witcher
Best Newsprint Creative: Education Sector
- Winner – Human Communications for the Road Traffic Infringement Agency
- First runner-up – Human Communications for the National Treasury
- Second runner-up – The Working Earth for SANBS
- Winner – Gear Advertising for the University of Cape Town
- First runner-up – Working Earth for Crawford College
- Second runner-up – Human Communications for the Central University of Technology
The Publisher’s Award
went to Rirhandzu Mashaba of Whoodoo Media and Advertising, while Tsele Consulting was the recipient of the Rising Star Award
For more information, visit www.tisoblackstar.com