"We’re honoured to be recognised so generously by the industry," says Pete Case, Ogilvy South Africa CC. "It’s been a year of tough competition in our industry. We’re especially encouraged to have won in such diverse categories — Digital and Interactive Campaigns, as well as PR, Media, Live and Out of Home."
"This confirms that our skills are relevant across the modern marketing space and enables clients to effectively connect with consumers in a multitude of mediums,” adds Case. "Our industry is tough but exciting and we have tremendous respect for all our agency counterparts. Congratulations especially to TBWA." The Overall Group Award
saw several divisions consolidated into a single entity, with one point of client contact.
According to Ogilvy, it recently completed its ‘Next Chapter’ refounding, expanding its capabilities across the entire marketing value chain through retail partnerships, growing the PR and influence capability and launching the social-media e-commerce division Social.Lab.The Creative Circle
is a non-profit organisation that believes in promoting creativity as a business resource, maintaining high levels of creativity in South African advertising and providing input into industry bodies. It aims to inspire the transformation of product, people and perception through the power of creativity.
Ogilvy was recognised for winning work done for a range of clients — KFC, Carling Black Label, Kimberley-Clark and DSTV — in categories including PR and Media, Live, Out of Home and Digital and Interactive.
Ogilvy awards won on the night include:
- 1st place in PR & Media: Ogilvy CPT — KFC Streetwise 2
- 1st place in Live: Ogilvy CPT — Carling Black Label
- 3rd place in Live: Ogilvy JHB — DSTV Halloween Sleepover
- 1st place in Out of Home:Ogilvy Cape Town — Carling Black Label
- 1st place in Digital and Interactive: Ogilvy Johannesburg — Huggies Baby Marathon.
- 1st place in Agency Winner: Ogilvy Cape Town
- 2nd place in Overall Rankings Agency of the Year: Ogilvy Johannesburg
- 1st place in Overall Rankings Group of the Year for 2018 went to TBWA South Africa and Ogilvy South Africa
For more information, visit www.ogilvyafrica.com
. You can also follow Ogilvy Africa on Facebook
or on Twitter