The event features an all-female speaker line-up, including:
- Mel Jones — Comedian, MC and hostess
- Anna Collard — Popcorn Training — a KnowBe4 company, founder and MD — 'Female entrepreneurship in Cyber Security'
- Aisha Pandor — SweepSouth co-founder and CEO — 'The journey from student/researcher to employee to entrepreneur and making the purpose-driven decision (as scary as it was!) to quit my job'
- Birgitta Cederstrom — VP commercial brand and demand MEA and MD B Incorporate Frost & Sullivan — 'Demystifying AI, Machine Learning and other Tech Buzzwords'
- Barbara Mallinson — Obami founder and CEO — 'Oh, the lessons I’ve learned! My experiences as an entrepreneur in Africa'
- Jacqui Mackway-Wilson — Go Social SA founder — 'How to get the best out of social media for your business'
- Lorraine Steyn — KRS founder and CEO — 'Sustaining your leadership as an industry expert over the years — aka leading from the trenches'
- Lynette Hundermark — Useful & Beautiful co-founder and CPO — 'Integrating the Silos of Tech and Digital to create purposeful solutions'
The event also features two-panel discussions. The first is to be chaired by Cathryn Reece, product owner at Property24, who will cover wellness including sleep (and getting enough of it), stress, health/fitness, parenting and health trends/work wellness with sleep scientist Dr Dale Rae of the Sports Science Institute, LivFit founder Olivia du Plessis, and Business Insider
editor Helena Wasserman.
The second will be chaired by Samantha Perry, Women in Tech ZA co-founder, who will delve into technology in action — particularly AI, blockchain and machine learning — with Celina Lee (co-founder and CEO at Zindi Africa), Debra Roodt (CCO, Xago), Genevieve Mannel (head of IT at Cipla) and Emma Kaye (founder and CEO of Bozza).
Event beneficiary Sisters Incorporated, a safe house for abused women and children, will present on its activities after lunch. The day will conclude with drinks and networking.
Tickets for the Cape Town event are on sale now for R2 000. Ticket sales close on Wednesday, 5 June and limited seats are available.
For more information, contact [email protected]
or visit www.usefulandbeautiful.co.za