The expo will also strive to create opportunities for its attendees to interact with advertising and marketing professionals, who can give solutions to help deliver on brand objectives and campaigns. The exhibitor profile will comprise:
- visual communication companies
- digital signage specialists
- event and branding companies
- point of display manufacturers
- corporate clothing, promotional clothing and gift manufacturers
- conference venues
- advertising and design agencies
- media owners
- marketing technology specialists
- in-store design
- building and branding companies
The expo will feature a '#ModernMarketingTrendCamp
', with presentations from industry experts covering branding, new-age marketing, technology and campaigns across the marketing and branding industries. The camp will take place on Wednesday, 11 September to Thursday, 12 September.The speaker line-up for the camp will include:Wednesday, 11 September 2019
Thursday, 12 September 2019
- 9:30 to 10:15 — 'Creative mind: How award-winning solutions to business problems see the light of day'. Mohammed Jogie, strategy and design at MSD, aims to show a creativity sprint that is 'interactive, fun and insightful'. The talk will strive to give insights into creative problem solving with research from around the world.
- 10:30 to 11:15 — 'Effective digital marketing strategies to increase brand awareness and sales'. Gilbert Kumpukwe, senior campaign manager at Version Eight, will describe the art behind the product recognition degree by consumers through brand management, strategy development, considering consumer behaviour and managing the advertisement of the brand.
- 11:30 to 12:15 — 'Data and advertising'. Kagiso Musi, group managing director at Meta Media, will discuss why data is a big buzzword at the moment. He will also look at data from a traditional media perspective, which can be used to create insight-rich media campaigns.
- 12:30 to 13:30— 'Optimising your brand campaign with Google'. Renier Meyer, account strategist at iLEAD et al (a Google partner), intends to show how to maximise one's brand campaign reach with Google by using effective PPC campaigns, Google ads, website optimisation and social media. He will also discuss the biggest pitfalls and how to overcome them.
T-shirt design competition
- 9:30 to 10:15 — 'Using influencers as a marketing channel. Research by Anne Dolinschek, founder and chief strategist at Nfluential, reveals why influencers are an important channel. He will argue that if the right types of influencers are used in the right way, they can bring immense value to brands. They can be the difference between 'consumers loving or hating a brand' or choosing competing brands.
- 10:30 to 11:15 — 'Want to build a good relationship with your audience?' Tholoana Qhobela, chief strategy officer at Havas South Africa, will present how brands can forge a meaningful relationship with their target audiences.
- 11:30 to 12:15 — 'Evidence-based marketing — what is it and why do we need it?' Kirsty Dugmore, chief growth officer of SugaSpice, aims to elaborate on how marketers can use the disciplines of behavioural economics, observed consumer behaviour and neuromarketing to better understand consumers' purchasing and brand decisions.
- 12:30 to 13:30 — 'How to create award-winning campaigns'. Andrew Human, CEO of the Loeries Africa and the Middle East, will illustrate a few of his favourite Loerie award-winning campaigns. Additionally, he will discuss innovative campaign strategies that brought 'new and fresh thinking' and how the campaigns were relevant to the brand, target audience and medium used. He will also share what stands out for him when judging campaigns.
Designers and graphic design students are invited to post their 'explosion of possibilities' themed T-shirt design on the Modern Marketing Facebook page
. Entrants are encouraged to get as many likes as possible for their design to be printed and showcased at the Sign Africa, FESPA Africa
and Modern Marketing expos
. The top 15 designs (10 from designers and five from students) will be printed and displayed at registration for the public to vote.
The top three designs and best student design will win cash prizes. The prizes include:
- first place — R3 500
- runner-up — R1 750
- third place — R1 000
- student — R2 000
The event is co-located with Africa Print
, Africa LED
, Sign Africa
and FESPA Africa
, and aims to educate visitors about advertising and marketing trends. Entrance to the expo and trend camp is free.
For more information and to register, visit www.modernmarketingexpo.co.za.
You can also follow the Modern Marketing Expo
or on Instagram