Ideally, a customer should be able to read their own story and fulfil their own needs through your content, which delivers the brand the outcome that you desire.
But how can you make sure that your content does just
Here are seven questions that you need to answer to create meaningful content:
1. So what?
- Why should someone read / watch / listen to the content you have put together?
- Does it resonate with them emotionally? and
- Does it help them make better decisions about aspects of their lives?
2. Does the content put the customer first?
Have you done an interview with someone because your CEO wants you to, or because he or she is an expert on the subject matter and is a compelling part of the story? Ask first 'what does my customer need to know to take action?', and then tailor your message accordingly.
3. Are you keeping it simple?
Bite-sized, easy to understand pieces of content are the best to provide. Most stories benefit from the ABC of journalism: accuracy, brevity and clarity.
4. Are you making an impact and having an influence?
You either want people to feel your content in their heart, or be touched on their studio, or be moved to buy and try your product. You want quality
interactions with the audience you are trying to reach.
5. What role do you want your brand to play in people's lives?
Sure, the primary reason for marketing is selling a product. However, customers increasingly care about who makes their products and how
those products are contributing to making the world a better place, not a more dystopian one.
6. Are you part of the solution to a customer's problem?
In all times, and particularly in times of crisis, are you able to hold out your hand to help? This can be in the form of advice, information, as well as simply restoring a sense of well-being or normalcy in your customers.
7. Who benefits?
Like a good 'whodunnit', question the intent of your content — does the customer benefit and does it move your brand's narrative forward? Mutually beneficial content is king.
For more information, visit www.ads24.co.za
. You can also follow Ads24 on Twitter