The '#StaySafeAfrica' campaign aims to bring together partners, journalists, civil society organisations, private-sector companies, country and local leaders to work towards saving lives. This is strived for through the increasing of investments and awareness to protect Africa from new threats, while ensuring access and treatment from ongoing health threats.
In this conversation, the executive secretary of AMCOW — Dr. Canisius Kanangire — will:
- give an update on the importance of access to sanitation in the COVID-19 context
- provide a high-level view of the post-COVID-19 world in respect to sanitation, the changes and challenges, and
- present the Africa Sanitation policy guidelines.
The series of online conversations, comprising experts from different sectors, will discuss:
- successful public health interventions
- good practices and policy shifts that may affect communities
- public health systems, and
- service providers in their response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Details of the conversations are as follows:
- Who: Dr. Canisius Kanangire, executive secretary of AMCOW
- Where: Online via Zoom
- Date: Thursday, 25 June
- Time: 14:00 GMT
- Registration: Individuals are encouraged to click here, or to contact [email protected] should they have enquiries.
For more information, visit www.africanmediaagency.com