Bravado is originally Brave Group's experiential agency and since inception. It has aimed to bring a vibrant and energetic offering to clients.
"I'm excited to join the Brave Group and re-introduce Bravado to our clients and stakeholders as a partner into effective youth communications," says Chinkanda. "In positioning ourselves as a digital, mobile-first youth specialist agency, we have found an opportunity amidst today's challenges by meeting South Africa's youth where they are."
"[This has been] on their mobiles, on social media and within their various spheres of influencer. Now more than ever, the youth is engaging with brands and communities with purpose and they require communications that aligns with their values and outlook, collaborating with them for solutions," adds Chinkanda.
Brave Group has indicated that Bravado's new leadership also includes Nick Kaoma as creative and strategy director, as well as Daniel Kahn as operations and experiential director. Its management team owns 49% of the company and Brave Group the remaining 51%.
Kaoma has worked in multiple industries, starting in print journalism. He has run a successful streetwear clothing company and has worked with:
- Tiger Brands
- Pepsico, and
- Edward Snell
His 15-year career has seen Kaoma execute events, activations, digital and creative campaigns.
Kahn has over 20 years' worth of experience in both the advertising and corporate worlds. He has worked on multinational blue-chip brands across South Africa and African regions. In 2015, he founded Loxyion Conexyion, a Loerie
award-winning experiential agency that is focused on the mass market.
As part of Brave Group, Bravado's offering will integrate into the broader agency as part of full-spectrum communications for joint teamwork. This will be while it is maintaining its own roll of clients with specific directives in the experiential and youth marketing fields.
Karabo Songo, Brave Group CEO, says, "The idea of an agency that caters for the youth, while having a deep core ability of mass-market execution and understanding of the black market, makes sense due to the South Africa statistics and dynamic."
"Brave Group is excited about this addition to our expertise and we believe that only the young and the brave will prevail," concludes Songo.
Bravado has offices in Gauteng and Western Cape, with its head offices in Hyde Park, Johannesburg.
For more information, visit www.bravegroup.co.za
. You can also follow the Brave Group on Facebook
or on Twitter