The awards say that, due to the global pandemic, the 2020 WiM Awards
will be celebrated in two parts: a virtual celebration with a digital presentation will be held in November 2020 and an exclusive Summer Party will be held in London in 2021.
The deadline for entries has been extended until Friday, 16 October.
"2020 has been a difficult year, so [individuals who are] keen to enter but are struggling financially [can] email directly
explaining circumstances and the category they wish to enter and we'll take this into consideration," says Andrea Opoku, director and africa ambassador for WiM
The awards have encouraged its applicants to join the likes of:
- Nicola Mendelshon from Facebook
- Mzamo Masito from Google Africa
- Alicia Tillman from SAP
- Aline Santos from Unilever
- Victoria Bennet from Barclays
- Lindsay Patterson from WPP
- Karen Blackett from MediaCom, and
- Antonio Lucio formerly from HP.
Past award winners and celebrations are available for viewing here
Additionally, the awards have indicated that 2020 will see the introduction of three new awards. These include:
- The PR Communicator of the Year Award
- The Marketing Scientist Award, and
- The WiM Copywriting Award.
Applicants can view the categories, downloadable entry forms and entering process here