Founder of the agency Louise Sloper says, "It has been a pleasure to work on this change-making brand. As a jury member of the inaugural Gerety Awards
myself, its mission to level-up the voices of many incredible female creatives was something we were keen to highlight in the brand refresh."
"We have worked on the UX and visual elements of the new website, giving the jury members prominence. You're basically hit with a wall of names, which challenges the status quo of many other awards schemes," adds Sloper.
"The tone-of-voice is feminine but confident, elegant but edgy. It was important to retain some of the original branding, such as the strong purple palette, while updating elements such as the logo," Sloper says.
"The concept of light refraction and the brilliance of a perfectly cut diamond reflects the quality of the awards and the women who are part of it. The beauty that happens in the detail was important to the work," adds Sloper.
The 2021 grand jury member representing South Africa is Odette van der Haar, CEO of The Exponential Company and presenter of Business Beat South Africa.
With its mission of changing the narrative around female leadership by reinforcing the value in the female vision of advertising, the 2021 Gerety Awards
will aim to continue to define the standard to which advertising should be held and show clients the best way to target the world's most powerful consumers.
There will be a total of 10 executive judging sessions held around the world. The ambassadors include:
- Kirsten Rutherford, group creative director at TBWA \ Chiat \ Day LA, United States of America
- Elizabeth Valleau, global creative lead at Facebook, United Kingdom
- Kaitlin Doherty, managing director at The Local Collective, Canada
- Uma Rudd Chia, creative director at Weber Shandwick, Singapore
- Gbemi Adekanmbi, founder of For Creative Girls, Nigeria
- Valentina Amenta, creative director at FCB, Italy
- Karolina Galácz, creative director at DDB Budapest, Hungary
- Antoinette Hoes, strategy lead, Germany
- Fabienne Fiorucci, creative director at Dare.win, France
- Ingrid Bragemann, executive director at Tantor Films, Chile, and
- Maribel Maneiro, creative director at Raya, Chile.
Here.We.Go designer George Stockley says, "There are 58 facets on a brilliant-cut diamond, which you may not always notice, but they are important. This attention to detail is also what makes Gerety so well cut."
"The 'critical angle' of 24.4 degrees has been carefully applied throughout the brand system and the story of the diamond is always being told, right down to the primary colour inspired by the shade of a diamond polishing wheel," adds Stockley.Gerety's
co-founder Lucia Ongay concludes, "The attention to detail has really blown us away. The brand refresh re-emphasises the Gerety
purpose and is a perfect showcase for the 2021 jury and beyond."
The Gerety Awards
will announce the full executive jury and open for entries in January. All grand jury members and ambassadors are available for view on the website.
For more information, visit www.geretyawards.com
or contact [email protected]
. You can also follow the Gerety Awards
or on Instagram