"Language is business," says Pendoring's
GM Eben Keun. "In an increasingly diverse business environment, the ability to use language flexibly to build, maintain and expand business relations is rapidly becoming a factor in corporate competitiveness."
"Those who continue to consider language as a cost, rather than a strategic resource, will be left behind," adds Keun.
Facilitated by Dr Nokuthula Mazibuko Msimang, the panelists will discuss:
- 'In a multilingual environment, English-only is not a solution but an expensive shortcoming'
- 'In a multilingual environment, language is not a cost but a valuable corporate resource'
- 'The move from compliance with weak legislation to strategic deployment of language to gain a competitive edge', and
- 'Uses of specialists to conduct a comprehensive and strategic language audit: Who does the audit is important'
The panelists comprise:
- Professor Frieda Steurs, a Dutch philologist, linguist and neurolinguist
- Ntjantja Ned, the current CE responsible for the ECD portfolio within the Hollard Foundation Trust, and
- Enver Groenewald, group CEO of Ogilvy.
"If you are a MzansiGlot (a person who can speak and mix at least two South African languages in speech and writing), then you should not miss this important discussion," concludes Keun.
To register for the webinar, individuals are encouraged to click here
For more information, visit www.pendoring.co.za
. You can also follow the Pendoring Awards
or on Instagram