In a country where youth unemployment sits at 64.4%, content creation can become a viable source of income and the awards say that they want to do what they can to help.
As such, as a build-up event, the awards is hosting the Kasi Marketing Lab in Khayelitsha. This aims to be a learning day for emerging creatives, marketers and influencers.
It will be streamed as a 'TikTok Live' all day so that creators from all over South Africa can watch and learn too.
A line-up of guest speakers, all specialists within their fields, has been secured for the six-hour session.
The panel of speakers will include:
- Thabisa Mkhwanazi, executive head of marketing from Multichoice South Africa
- Content creators, Omar Morto and Moghelings
- Carla Harris, media partnerships lead for TikTok South Africa
- Pierre Cassuto, global CCO of Humanz
- Natasha Goosen and Kwazi Ngubane, influencer relations specialists at One-eyed Jac
- Bukelwa Monqo, director at Atmosphere Communications
- Luvuyo Rani, CEO and co-founder of Silulo Technologies, and
- Cameron Naidoo, chief 'rule breaker' of Guerilla Africa.
The Kasi Marketing Lab will be giving all attendees (present and watching online) a brief so that they can enter the Kasi Content Creator Award
, which is one of the event's 22 award categories.
The five nominees will be announced in June and will be profiled by DStv, TikTok and all the event platforms.
The winner will be announced (from five nominees) at the awards event in August and will receive:
- a trophy
- R5 000, and
- a paid content creation campaign from one of the event's partners.
The awards say that there are 20 mentorship opportunities available with a business mentorship initiative from Entrepreneurs' Organisation Cape Town.
According to the awards, it is through the hard work and determination of the CEO of Silulo Technologies, Luvuyo Rani, that this event will be held in Khayelitsha. Silulo Technologies pioneers information communication technology in emerging and rural communities and helps empower youth through access to digital skills training, IT business services and employment channels.
The Kasi Marketing Lab will take place at the Isivivana Centre in Khayelitsha on Monday, 23 May from 09:30 to 16:00. This is for both in-person attendees and live-streamed via media partner TikTok.
To register for the Kasi Marketing Lab, individuals can click here
. For any queries, individuals can email [email protected]
The DStv Content Creator Awards
is the brainchild of award-winning marketing and events agency One-eyed Jack, in collaboration with partners:
- Mushroom Productions
- Steyn Entertainment
- Entrepreneurs Organisation, and
- Silulo Technologies.
For more information, visit www.contentcreatorawards.co.za.
You can also follow DStv Content Creator Awards
or on Instagram