Ambassador and copy chief Vikki Ross says, "The Gerety Awards
is the ad industry's only competition to put women front and centre to judge creative work from around the world — and from a different perspective."
"In 2022, I was very lucky to be invited to bring together a team of influential and inspirational leaders to join me in reviewing hundreds and hundreds of entries," Ross adds.
Ross says, "Entries so many of us hadn't seen before, making the experience truly global and unique. The quality was high, so high. The work was innovative and unique. Thoughtful and thought-provoking. Fun too."
"Proving that even in the toughest times and the strangest of circumstances, creatives will always create meaningful and memorable work. We all left feeling invigorated and excited for the future of creativity," Ross concludes.
Shortlisted entries from South Africa include:
- 'In Our Own Words' for Cadbury South Africa by Ogilvy
- 'Jameson Beatha — Month of Comedy Reveal' for Jameson by Rapt Creative, and
- 'Nugen' for Colgate by VMLY&R.
In-person judging sessions were held around the world, and individuals can watch the jury insight panels live on YouTube
, from the following countries:
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Philippines, and
The 2022 Agency and Production Company of the Year
by country winners are:
- United Kingdom Agency of the Year — AMVBBDO
- United Kingdom Production Company of the Year — Riff Raff Films
- United States of America Agency of the Year — McCann New York
- United States of America Production Company of the Year — Partizan
- Austria Production Company of the Year — mel p filmproductions
- Mexico Production Company of the Year — Oriental Films
- Belgium Production Company of the Year — Hamlet
- Belgium Agency of the Year — BBDO Belgium
- Japan Agency of the Year — Dentsu Inc, and
- Philippines Agency of the Year — Dentsu Jayme Syfu.
Agency and Production Company of the Year
by country is chosen by the local juries from the portfolio cut and requires a single film no longer than five minutes in length that includes up to three pieces of work from the past 12 months.
A total of 314 entries were shortlisted from 37 different countries. According to the awards, the truly global creative benchmark for the best advertising key numbers include:The most shortlisted category:
Across different media is the 'Works for Good Cut' with a total of 75 entries and 'Craft' with 73 entries.The most shortlisted campaigns:
Across multiple categories is the 'Unfiltered History Tour' for VICE Media
, Instagram AR Filters by Dentsu Webchutney India and 'Degree Inclusive' for Degree Inclusive Deodorant by Wunderman Thompson Argentina.The most shortlisted agency:
72andSunny with 14 entries.The most shortlisted brand:
Ikea with entries from DDB Group Italy, Leo Burnett Riyadh, McCann Madrid and Memac Ogilvy Dubai.The most shortlisted network:
From 16 different offices is McCann Worldgroup.The most shortlisted holding company:
IPG with 44 entries, followed closely by WPP with 41 entries.
The awards say that the grand jury that includes some of the ad industry's most renowned, respected and awarded leaders will choose the final winners, which will be announced Tuesday, 6 September.
It will include Gold, Silver, Bronze, Grand Prix
and overall Network and Agency of the Year Awards
Individuals can see the full shortlist here
For more information, visit www.geretyawards.com
. You can also follow the Gerety Awards on Facebook
or on Instagram