The Riky Rick Foundation says that in February 2022, Riky Rick sadly lost his battle with mental illness. On Wednesday, 14 June 2023, during Youth Month and in honour of his legacy, his family launched The Riky Rick Foundation for the Promotion of Artivism.
According to the foundation, the launch was marked by the family's very first project Stronger
. This is a rap song that brought Riky's voice to life through AI and using the words from his social media posts as rap lyrics. The track was created in collaboration with:
- TBWA\ Hunt Lascaris
- Audio Militia
- Ganja Beatz
- Respeecher, and
- Riky's family and close friends.
'Stronger' was well received by the public and loved by fans of Riky. To date, the song has reached:
- over 59 million people
- R90 million in free radio airplay, and
- over R12 million in earned PR.
The foundation says that the track cleaned up on the awards stages as well, receiving:
- six awards at Creative Circle for the July Ad of the Month
- four gold Loeries at the 2023 Loeries Awards, and
- the privilege of becoming the only South African project to show up as a finalist for the 2023 Little Black Book (LBB) Immortal Awards in London, United Kingdom.
All proceeds from 'Stronger' will be used to help fund mental health organisations that offer relief to those who continue to suffer the plight of mental health conditions, adds the foundation.
"We know Riky is looking down proud of these achievements," concludes Bianca Naidoo, Riky's wife.