Claude Hanan, co-CEO of Superbalist.com, says; “Fifty percent of our customers are already accessing Superbalist on mobile devices, spending an average five minutes online at a time. This is increasing by over 5% month on month. Our shopper is progressive and connected, they’re searching for information and browsing sites via a mobile device instead of a desktop. We predict that the Superbalist app will not be an additional shopping platform, but the preferred platform for our market.”
It is also predicted that within a year, digitally native shoppers will soon be using so many devices that they will have to literally juggle them in order to make time for sleep and nutrition.
Earlier this year, Effective Measure conducted a local study that showed that South Africans are making regular online purchases at least once a week, up 94% from 2013. It also revealed a 100% increase in consumers using their mobile devices to make said purchases. The study revealed the most active users of online shopping are aged between 25 and 29, they made up 25% of the total and this figure is increasing. Of course, Superbalist is totally stoked about that, because that’s their exact market.
“We set out to make the shopping experience easy and seamless. We’ve proven this with our site, and being ranked #2 in the Best Customer Service Category of the 2015 eCommerce Awards. We have now taken our experience and applied it to our app. Where other companies are worried about Showrooming, we’ve embraced this as we know we have an unparalleled range of international brands available online to everyone at an affordable price,” says Hanan.
The Superbalist.com app features include:
- Enjoy an enhanced mobile experience via iOS and Android native apps;
- Stay up to date with over 500 brands and thousands of new products added monthly – the brand directory makes finding your favourite brand easy;
- Buy now or save for later, automatically synced across all of your Superbalist shopping methods;
- Exclusive access to app-only deals, promotions and reveals;
- Discover trends, edits and inspiration;
- Fast, secure check out and free delivery;
- View, return and exchange orders seamlessly;
- Stay up to date with the latest articles from The Way of Us, Superbalist’s blog; and
- Option to view images in a larger format for more detail.
Hanan explains; “We are adding to the user’s experience and responding to our customer’s needs. Mobile internet is ‘the’ internet. Mobile is not a subset of the internet anymore, that you use only if you're waiting for a coffee or don't have a PC in front of you - it's becoming the main way that people use the internet. Mobile devices are personal, are taken everywhere, have sensors and cameras, location information and are far more widespread. The opportunity within mobile is vastly bigger than PC’s.”
For more information, visit www.superbalist.com
. Alternatively, connect with them on Facebook
or on Twitter