This record deal comes just ahead of the release of TRESOR’s upcoming album, The Beautiful Madness, which is due for release in May and is available as of Friday, 21 April for pre-order. The Beautiful Madness album pre-order comes with two tracks; Remedy and Speed of Sound, featuring Da Capo.
Remedy has already been listed on key stations, such as East Coast Radio, 5FM, 947, KFM, and Heart FM.
“I’m super excited for this new chapter in my musical career. I can’t wait to share my new music and creative direction with music lovers across the globe. I would like to thank Vth Season and Universal Music for journeying with me, and believing that the best is yet to come,” says TRESOR.
Vth Season signed TRESOR in 2015, which has now culminated into a multi-million Rand deal.
Below are achievements shared by TRESOR and Vth Season over the past two years:
- 2016 Best Pop Album SAMA winner;
- Singles Mount Everest and Never Let Me Go both became the number one selling dance songs in Italy iTunes during their release periods;
- Top 10 most played local artists on radio in 2015;
- Held three singles in the Airplay Top 100 Chart at the same time;
- VII Recordings album debuted as number two on South African iTunes Pop Chart;
- Signed a deal with Ultra Records, which includes the release and distribution of TRESOR’s music to North and South America, Canada, the United Kingdom, Asia, Australia, as well as the Benelux region;
- Picked by Seal to be his supporting act on his third city South African tour;
- Performed alongside Italian musicians at the Battiti Live Festival in Southern Italy for a crowd of 60 000 people;
- Selected as an ambassador for the Nelson Mandela Children Hospital Trust; and
- Every single released by TRESOR charted on 5FM, Metro FM, 947, Heart FM and GoodHope FM.
“We’ve had an amazing journey with TRESOR thus far, and we are very proud of the accomplishments we managed to achieve in such a short space of time. We believe in his artistry, and fully support his music and his brand. We are excited about this new deal with Universal Music, which can only help elevate our efforts and give TRESOR all the extra support needed to take his brand global,” adds Ninel Musson, director at Vth Season.
For more information, visit www.tresorofficial.com. Alternatively, connect with them on Facebook or on Twitter.