Producers from the Eastern Cape, Free State, KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo, Mpumalanga, Northern Cape, and North West are invited to submit a proposal for a 23-minute documentary to e.tv by Friday, 18 August.
The documentary has to relay a message that is proudly South African. No less than 15% of the dialogue must be in languages other than English, which is unique to the province.
Proposal requirements include:
- A detailed treatment of the proposed documentary;
- A description of the locations where the documentary is to be shot and the names of individuals to be interviewed;
- Proposed name/s of the presenter or commentator, if any;
- Production budget incorporating a detailed description of personnel, equipment, and resource requirements; and
- Information that confirms that the key personnel working on the documentary are based in the province concerned.
Production company requirements include:
- e.tv will accept programme proposals only from South African production companies that have a registered business address in the province concerned; and
- The production company must provide proof of previous productions completed.
All programme proposals from production companies must include the following information:
- Name, address, and telephone numbers of the person representing the company for purposes of the proposal;
- Name and registration number of the production company;
- Registered address of the company;
- Names, race, and gender of shareholders of production company;
- Names, race, and gender of directors of production company;
- Names, race, and gender of senior personnel at the production company and their positions;
- Details of training initiatives engaged in by the production company over the past 12 months;
- Showreel of previously produced content; and
- A copy of the company’s BEE verification certificate.
Producers must submit the proposal and all supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
The submission deadline is at 17:00 on Friday, 18 August. If no feedback is received on a submission from e.tv by 17:00 on Thursday, 31 August, participants need to consider their application unsuccessful.
For more information, visit www.etv.co.za. Alternatively, connect with them on Facebook or on Twitter.