The awards recognise publishers from across the continent who’ve adopted digital media and mobile strategies as part of their total product offering to meet the changes in the way news and information are consumed.
"Media24’s achievements reflect the group’s leadership in adopting an innovative approach to incorporating advances in the digital and mobile spheres throughout our business," says Media24 CEO Esmaré Weideman.
"We’re determined to bring our audiences news and information in the format and at the times they prefer. This use of technology and attention to our customers are what makes Media24 such a forward-looking company," Weideman adds.
Andreij Horn, head of 24.com, says recognition from WAN-IFRA is always gratifying. "The organisation spans borders, which means our efforts have to measure up to the best this continent has to offer. The fact that News24 Edge received two of the 10 awards on offer is particularly pleasing."
Media24’s winners and runners-up are:
- Best News Mobile Service – Winner: News24 Edge;
- Best News Website – Runner-up: Netwerk24;
- Best in Lifestyle, Sports or Entertainment – Website Winner: W24;
- Best Lifestyle, Sports or Entertainment Mobile Services – Runner-up: W24;
- Best Innovation/New Product – Winner: News24 Edge;
- Best Digital Advertising Campaign (including Branded Content) – Winner: Men’s Health; and
- Best Innovation to Engage Youth Audiences – Runner-up: Project Rise.
For more information, visit www.media24.com. Alternatively, connect with them on Facebook or on Twitter.