LotusFM listeners who would like to enter the competition must SMS 'Top 100' followed by their name and the number of their favorite song to 48398.
A list of the 100 songs will appear on the LotusFM website. Additionally, listeners can tune into LotusFM 87.7 – 106.8 for more information.
The winner will be chosen from the draw and announced on-air. The announcement will take place on Friday, 28 December on the Afternoon Takeover.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is open to everyone except directors, members, partners, employees, agents and consultants of the SABC and/or the competition promoters, and/or their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates.
2. No person may enter the same or any other competition hosted partly or in whole by LotusFM within 90 days of winning a competition hosted, or in whole by LotusFM
3. The competition starts on Tuesday, 6 November and closes on Wednesday, 26 December.
4. There is no restriction to the number of entries. Individuals may enter as many times as they like to increase their chances of winning.
5. SMS entries are charged at a premium rate of R1.50 per SMS. Free SMS and SMS bundles do not apply.
6. Entrants under the age of 18 years must obtain permission from parents or guardians before entering.
7. Winners will only be contacted by LotusFM/SABC.
8. The SABC/LotusFM accept no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible or corrupt entries. The SABC will not be liable for any costs incurred, responses received or any other consequences of user error.
9. The winner will be announced on Friday, 28 December on LotusFM.
10. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The SABC will not be held responsible for any disputes arising from the competition or prize awards.
11. In order to claim this prize, the winner must adhere to the rules of a specific campaign.
12. The winner may be required to appear on SABC television or radio, or on any other medium as shall be determined by the specific campaign.
13. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them when entering.
14. The prize will be distributed within a period of 90 days from the date the competition closes unless a situation outside of the control of the SABC occurs.
15. The SABC reserves the right to cancel, modify or amend the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
1. Entrants are encouraged to predict the number one song for 2018 from a list of 100 predetermined songs.
2. Entrants must SMS Top 100 followed by their name and the song number they're predicting for to 48398.
3. The Top 100 songs can be found on www.lotusfm.co.za.
4. SMS entries are charged at a premium rate of R1.50 per SMS. Free SMS and SMS bundles do not apply.
5. There is no restriction on the number of entries. Individuals may enter as many times as they like to increase their chances of winning.
6. The competition lines will be open for predicting from Tuesday, 6 November to Wednesday, 26 December. Entries received after this date/time will not be considered.
7. The winner will be called live on-air on Friday, 28 December.
8. If the person on being selected is called at the contact number provided by him/her and he/she is not available at that contact number immediately, he/she is disqualified.
9. Only the predictions for the number one songs of 2018 will be considered for the prize.
For more information, visit www.lotusfm.co.za. You can also follow LotusFM on Facebook, Twitter or on Instagram.