CEO of AME, Dave Tiltman, says the company is extremely proud of all its stations on their nominations as finalists.
These are the only industry-wide awards in the South African radio industry. The nominations are as follows:
- Breakfast Show Presenter — Martin van der Merwe (OFM)
- Business and Finance Show — Classic Business (Classic 1027)
- Content Producer — Duncan Bayne on The Big Breakfast (OFM)
- Music Show — The Algoa FM Top 30 with Wayne Hart (Algoa FM)
- News and Actuality Show — Before Dawn (OFM)
- Promotion Stunt/Event — Youth Day, Grade 11’s running the station (Algoa FM)
- Sports Show — The Saturday Wake-Up with Daron (Algoa FM)
- Radio Documentary — Planets 2018 Feature (Classic 1027)
- Station Imaging — OFM
- News Reader — Doreen Loubser and Shadley Nash (Algoa FM)
According to AME, the nominations for Classic 1027
in two categories are particularly special since they have never entered the Liberty Radio Awards
"The station is super excited to be recognised in this way, especially since it’s the first time ever that Classic 1027
has entered the awards," says CEO Lyndon Johnstone.
is proud to once again be recognised for the incredible content offering our loyal listeners get to engage with on a daily basis. The team is dynamic and passionate about what they do, and this kind of recognition is stunning," adds OFM’s Nick Efstathiou.
"Recognition follows reputation built on a winning culture where hard work lies at the core. I am super proud of every single nominee and the team that surrounds them. Thank you for your valued contribution to radio as a whole and congratulations to all nominees," concludes Algoa FM
managing director, Alfie Jay.
Winners in all categories will be announced at a gala dinner on Saturday, 13 April.
For more information, visit www.ame.co.za