In so doing, the radio station became the most nominated campus radio station in the country, and the second most nominated overall (campus, community, PBS and commercial), falling only three short of the radio station with the highest number of nominations for the year.
- Afternoon Drive Presenter — Duane Jeffery Van Wyk and Kea Boya
- Afternoon Drive Show — The Tuks FM Drive Show
- Breakfast Show — The Tuks FM Breakfast Show
- Community Project — '#PayItForward'
- Daytime Show — Hot Topic
- Multi-channel Promotion — 'Hear the Sights'
- Music Show — Locals Only and The Tuks FM Hip Hop Show
- Night-time Show — Locals Only and The Tuks FM Hip Hop Show
- Promotions Stunt/Event — '#PayItForward' and The Tuks FM Radio Indaba 2018
- Radio Documentary — #BetterToKnow
- Radio Innovation —'Hear The Sights'
- Station Imaging — Tuks FM 107.2
- Weekend Radio Show — Saturday and Sunday Nights with Aaron and Tuks FM Top 40
is also the only campus or community radio station to be nominated in the Multi-Channel Promotion
and Radio Innovation
categories, with all the other nominees being commercial radio stations.
Station manager Leanne Kunz says the achievement is a massive feather in their cap and shows that the repositioning the station underwent in 2018 is bearing fruit.
"We made sweeping changes at basically every level of Tuks FM’s
operations in 2018 in a bid to realign ourselves with our core market. This included implementing a structured, intensive training programme under programme manager Mike Bower, which has vastly improved our output overall," says Kunz.
"I think the number of nominations we received this year is a reflection of those changes, as well as a massive team effort to make Tuks FM
the best campus radio station in the country," Kunz adds.
For more information, visit www.tuksfm.co.za
. You can also follow Tuks FM on Facebook
or on Instagram