The award aims to recognise, celebrate and empower African women journalists who support female entrepreneurship in Africa. The jury will be in charge of selecting the winner.
The decision will be announced at the Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum
(AWIEF), which wil be hosted at the Cape Town International Convention Centre from Tuesday, 29 October to Wednesday, 30 October.
The members of the jury include:
- Aïda Diarra, senior vice president for sub-Saharan Africa at Visa
- Rukmini Glanard, executive vice president global sales and marketing at Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise
- Bola Adesola, senior vice-chairman at Standard Chartered Bank Group
- Lee Martin, senior vice president, global strategic development at Getty Images
- Nicolas Pompigne-Mognard, founder and chairman of APO Group
The African Women in Media Award
was open to African women journalists whose stories were broadcast or published between Tuesday, 1 January and Sunday, 15 September. The stories are judged on content, writing, analysis, creativity, human interest and community impact.
AWIEF is a prestigious annual event that aims to see global thought leaders, industry experts, policymakers, academics, development organisations and investors gather to dialogue, connect, network, share, collaborate and transact in a combined effort to boost Africa's entrepreneurship ecosystem for women.
For more information, visit www.apo-opa.com
. You can also follow the APO group on Facebook
or on Twitter