The media network scooped five Gold
accolades, 15 Silver
and nine Bronze
Following ViacomCBS Networks Africa's channel brands collectively receiving 24 awards in 2019, the network says that it confidently went into the PromaxBDA Africa Awards
with an aim to add to accolades tally.
Dillon Khan, vice president of VCNI Studios, Creative Services and Comedy Central at VCNA, says, "We are incredibly proud of the prestigious recognition we have received at this year's awards across our channel brands during an unprecedented year."
"At VCNA, we strive to produce content that is innovative, thought-provoking, bold and entertaining. This can only be achieved with the support of our committed employees and amazing partners, talent and clients who inspire us to bring powerful campaigns and initiatives to life. These awards are in honour of and a testament to our incredible team," adds Khan.
The 29 awards represents wide representation across channel brands from BET Africa, Comedy Central and MTV Base. Gold
winners ranged from Best Public Service Announcement Community Spot
for ViacomCBS Women's Day, a thought-provoking approach that turned the head on GBV with its Gender-Based Violations messaging.
Also taking Gold
was Love in the Time of Corona created for the innovative virtual Africa Day Benefit Concert format during COVID-19. The food relief initiative was in partnership with YouTube, Idris Elba, UNICEF and recent Nobel Peace Prize winner The World Food Programme.Silver
winners included the best original logo for BET Africa's first locally produced original daily drama ISONO,
alongside Comedy Central's Deep Fake
(The Movies) and Novemballs
, as well as accolades for MTV Base's Queens Of Base
and Breakfast Bangers
Also clinching a Silver
award for Best Use of Celebrity / Social
is the continuing campaign, 'Stop The Violence', geared towards raising awareness and positive change about GBV, Xenophobia and most recently in support of the protests in support of '#ENDSARS' in Nigeria.
The industry winners were announced at a virtual ceremony which took place on Thursday, 5 November 2020.
The winning ViacomCBS Networks Africa campaigns from the PromaxBDA Africa awards include: Gold
- Love in the Time of Corona: MTV Base, Africa Day Benefit Concert
- Best Public Service Announcement Community Spot: ViacomCBS, Women's Day
- Something For Nothing: ViacomCBS Christmas Tap Promo
- Best Editing: MTV Base, Top 10 Bangers, and
- Best Promo Using Only Programme Footage: BET Sunday Movies (Behind Her Smile).
- Best Movie Promo: Comedy Central, Deep Fake (The Movies)
- Best Integrated Campaign For A Programme / Channel / Platform: Comedy Central, Novemballs
- Something For Nothing: MTV Base, Breakfast Bangers
- Best Design Without Footage: Comedy Central, The Nerdening (Young Sheldon)
- Best CGI: MTV Base, Ident Wall
- Best Visual FX Composting: MTV Base, Ident Wall
- Best Branding Design: MTV Base, Africa Day Benefit Concert
- Best Original Logo: BET Africa, ISONO
- Best Sound Design: ViacomCBS, Christmas Tap Promo
- Best Design In Promotion: MTV Base, Spanking New
- Best Copy Writing: BET Africa, Friday Action Movies
- Best Editing: MTV Base, Queens of Base
- Best Promo: Never Seen, Porno Toy Story
- Best Use of Celebrity / Social: ViacomCBS, Stop the Violence, and
- Best Integrated Marketing Campaign: Comedy Central, Novemballs
- Best Humour in Promo: BET Africa, Black Tax
- Mama Africa: ViacomCBS, Women's Day
- Best Design No Footage: BET Africa, ISONO
- Best Themed Campaign: Comedy Central, Novemballs
- Best Promo Never Seen: BET Africa, ISONO Bible
- Social Media Campaign: Amavengers
- Best Integrated: MTV Base, Africa Day Benefit Concert
- Best Outdoor / Print: Comedy Central, Novemballs, and
- Best Promo Team: ViacomCBS Networks Africa, Creative Services.
ViacomCBS Networks Africa's Wessel Pretorius was recognised as a runner up for the Rocket Award
for his work during his internship in the VCNA Creative Services On-Air Department.
For more information, visit www.viacbs.com
. You can also follow ViacomCBS on Facebook
or on Instagram