"After a year like 2020, it's difficult to confidently predict anything," says the event. "Yet, it's crucial for the industry to stay ahead of the game. Gaining new insights to prepare, however possible, for the future will be the key focus of the Future of Media
digital conference series."
"In the face of socio-cultural unrest, an unknown economic future and a global pandemic, the industry finds itself in a near-impossible situation," says Taryn Westoby, head of Arena Events.
"Being agile and expecting the unexpected have taken on new meanings in 2021. That's why we're turning our attention to 'Predicting the Unpredictable' as this year's theme," adds Westoby. The sub-themes include:
The event says that its themes will incorporate:
- 'Predicting the Unpredictable'
- 'Is realising corporate citizenship the key to success in the future of media?'
- 'Fighting through the fog: consumer attention as a scarce commodity'
- 'Alternative digital revenue models for the South African media industry', and
- 'Neuromarketing: delving deep into the subconscious of the consumer'.
- cultivating a workplace culture of dynamism and agility
- rapid campaign adjustments and longer-term brand equity
- how people engage with media, each other and the world around them
- human attention as a scarce commodity, and
- alternative digital revenue models amongst others.
Speaker announcements will be announced in due course. Individuals who would like more information about previous Future of Media
events or would like to register for the above digital events can click here
. For partnership opportunities, individuals can contact [email protected]
.Partners of the Future of Media digitised series include:
- The MediaShop
- The Financial Mail Redzone, and
- The Media Online.
For more information, visit www.tisoblackstarevents.co.za