Results have shown that many have been fascinated by the origins of Valentine's Day, while some questions also suggest that people want to get their boyfriends and husbands gifts.
Searches that South Africans have been asking Google in the run-up to Valentine's Day include:
- What restaurants are having Valentine's day specials?
- What is the best gift for my husband on Valentine's Day?
- Where to go on Valentine's day?
The Western Cape looks set to have the most romantic day as it has shown the highest levels of search interest in the words 'Valentine's Day', followed by KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng.
Below is a round-up of the top 10 trending Valentine's Day-related questions on Google:
- How Valentine's Day started
- Who came up with Valentine's Day
- How many days left till Valentine's Day
- Who is Valentine's Day for
- What Valentine's Day means
- Will you be my valentine meaning
- What to give your boyfriend for Valentine's Day
- What restaurants are having Valentine's day specials
- What is the best gift for my husband on Valentine's Day
- Where to go on Valentine's day
Search trends information is gleaned from data collated by Google, based on what South Africans have been searching for and asking Google.
Google processes more than 40 000 search queries every second. This translates to more than a billion searches per day and 1.2 trillion searches per year worldwide.
Live Google search trends data is available here
For more information, visit www.Google.com