This brings the Group’s total number of employees to more than 147 200. This trend is set to continue with more than 50 new stores still scheduled to open by December 2019.
Over one billion transactions were processed at the Group’s more than 2 800 stores and it attracted an additional 2.4% customers during the 2018 financial year.
Positioned in areas not previously served by the Group’s supermarkets or in those showing strong population growth, the 16 new stores opening by Tuesday, 30 April are:
- Shoprite (Pretoria, Johannesburg and Soweto in Gauteng)
- Checkers (Edenvale, Gauteng)
- Usave (Jeffreys Bay in the Eastern Cape; Mamaila, Manapsane and Tubatse in Limpopo; Cedarville, Maluti and Ndwedwe in KwaZulu-Natal; and Soweto in Gauteng)
- Shoprite LiquorShop (Pretoria in Gauteng; Clanwilliam in the Western Cape and Estcourt in KwaZulu-Natal).
- Checkers LiquorShop (Edenvale, Gauteng)
For more information, visit www.shoprite.co.za
. You can also follow the Shoprite Group on Facebook
or on Twitter