The campaign also serves to raise funds to buy nappies for children with disabilities — an essential health item that children with disabilities often go without. Individuals are invited to help the event raise funds for 55 000 nappies to supply to children with disabilities, around the country.
The event is organised by the National Council of and for Persons with Disabilities and forms part of the council's observation of South Africa's Disability Rights Awareness Month in November.
The Nappy Run™ campaign will run until Tuesday, 3 December to coincide with the International Day of Persons with Disabilities.
- What — Nappy Run™ fun run
- When — Saturday, 2 November at 07:30 (registration opens at 06:30)
- Where — Johannesburg Zoo (Jan Smuts Ave and Upper Park Dr, Parkview, Johannesburg, 2193)
- How much — Adults: R100 | Children: R60 (tickets include zoo entry and a goodie bag)
- Tickets are available for purchase on the website.
For more information, visit www.nappyrun.org.za
. You can also follow The Nappy Run™ on Facebook
or on Instagram