The Public Relations Institute of Southern Africa (PRISA) has announced that its PRISM Awards are calling for applicants for the PRISM Young Voices (PYV). Entries close on Friday, 5 March at 17:00. The initiative aims to offer young people the opportunity to work alongside key industry leaders as they judge the PRISM Awards each year.
According to PRISA, the awards are the industry's most sought-after awards programme that recognises the best practice.
"Since 2017, young public relations and communications enthusiasts have heeded the PYV call for an opportunity to be mentored, inspired and upskilled by some of the industry's experts as part of the annual awards," adds the institute.
"This is a career opportunity of a lifetime. The teachings that the young judges receive are second to none and will set them well on their way to becoming even greater practitioners," says Palesa Madumo, PYV founder and convenor of the awards.
Applicants are required to be professionals with at least two years' experience in the public relations and communication environment or actively involved in the industry. One of the ten young voices spots is awarded to a final-year student entrant studying public relations or communication.
"The inclusion of young people in the decision making in our industry is something that I have always been passionate about. And the PYV programme allows young people to bring a fresh perspective to the table. I encourage as many young PR and communication enthusiasts as possible to take a shot and enter," concludes Madumo.
Entries can be submitted via the PRISM Awards
website. Entrants for PYV must:
- be between the ages of 21 and 30.
- have at least two years of experience in public relations and communication OR
- be actively involved in the industry in one way or another OR
- be a final-year student studying public relations or communication
- reside in Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal or the Western Cape
- write a 500-word motivation on why they should be selected OR
- upload a minute-long video on the portal, and
- tweet about their entry tagging @PRISMYoungVoices. Use the hashtags '#PRISMYoungVoices' and '#PRISMAwards21'.
For more information, visit www.prism-awards.co.za
. You can also follow PRISA on Facebook
or on Instagram