In a virtual format hosted by TV presenter Thabiso Makhubela, digital strategy development agency Retroviral walked away with 2021's South African Campaign of the Year Award
for its '#MyKreepyTeacher' campaign for Kreepy Krauly.
'#MyKreepyTeacher' is a parody of the Netflix documentary My Octopus Teacher,
which was produced by South African Craig Foster.
Other winners included:
- DNA Brand Architects for Best Large PR Agency
- Magna Carta for the International Campaign
- Razor PR's Dustin Chick for Best PR Professional, and
- The University of Johannesburg for Student Campaign of the Year.
DNA Brand Architects All Star, Sicelo Vilakazi was announced as the PYV of the Year
for the 2019 cohort as voted for by his peers.
"We appreciate the steadfast support from our consultancies that enter work into the awards process, and after such a challenging year with Covid-19, this year's awards are in honour of the work, the people behind each campaign and our outstanding judges, who spend hours ensuring that the best campaigns get the recognition they deserve," says Palesa Madumo, convenor of the 2021 vPRISM Awards
The sponsors include:
- production sponsor SPACE.TM
- media partner Bizcommunity
- youth development sponsors for the PYV programme Novus Group
- DNA Brand Architects
- Vuma Reputation Management, and
- Eclipse Communications.
The full list of all the 2021 winners are as follows: